All information on this page is subject to change as we update the technologies embedded in our website and apps.
- What information the Site collects
- How we use the information that we collect
- Information sharing
- Your choices
- Children under 13
- Confidentiality and security
- Visitors from outside of the United States
- Questions and suggestions
2. What information the Site collects
Information you provide directly to us:
You do not need to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you using certain functions on the Site, such as accessing certain features or content, registering for certain services, or contacting the Site directly, we may ask for the following information, which may include:
- contact information, such as name and email address;
- username and password;
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- search queries conducted on the Site; and
- correspondence you send to us.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the Site:
When you use, interact with and visit the Site, certain information may automatically be collected, including:
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
- activities within community discussions;
- standard server log information;
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as Google Analytics Demographics and Interests Reports social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services; and
- advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad.
- Please note that the Site may combine information we obtain from third-party sources with the information that we collect.
3. How we use the information that we collect
In order to provide our readers with free access to our content, we display advertisements on the Site, many of which are targeted based on information about you. Using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach Site visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested.
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about changes to the Site or your account, promotional messages about our email newsletters, and our own or our marketing partners’ products and services.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. We may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
To provide you with an open and civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. Our moderators monitor discussions and delete comments that we deem inappropriate.
In order to learn more about how the Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to monitor and analyze use of the Site and.
4. Information sharing
Kugali values your privacy, and shares information about the Site’s users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people only in situations listed below:
- We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including maintenance services, database management, data processing, analytics, marketing, and email and text message distribution. Access to your information is granted to these third parties only for the purpose of performing these tasks on our behalf.
- Aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you may be shared with third parties to help us develop services, content, and advertising that may be of interest to the users. We do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site unless you opt-in or otherwise agree to have such information shared with or otherwise disclosed to a third party for marketing purposes.
- We may share information about you to respond to judicial proceedings, court orders, subpoenas, search warrants, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our rights, and/or to defend against legal actions or claims.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you in the event that the Site is acquired by or merged with another company or a similar corporate transaction takes place.
- We may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Once we share your information with another party, the information received by that party becomes subject to the other party’s privacy policies. Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site.
5. Your choices
Deactivating your account
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Please see our Cooky Policy here.
We may use web beacons (also called pixels, transparent GIFs, web bugs, or action tags). Web beacons are technologies are strings of code that deliver a tiny graphic image on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as the time and date a page is viewed, cookies, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file served as part of a web page can act as a web beacon.
Web beacons may be used for various tracking purposes, like determining whether or not you are logged into the Site and whether or not you are connected to a third-party service.
Third parties may use web beacons on the Site to receive research, auditing, and reporting information, or to understand your interests and tailor advertisements tailored to your interests.
Third Party Online Advertising
Some of the advertisements you see on the Site are from third parties, such as advertising agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the Site or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to understand your interests and tailor certain advertisements to your interests.
If you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on the Site, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
If you are an EU resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information to certain third parties and/or opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send your request (along with your full name, e-mail address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “Your EU Privacy Rights”) by e-mail email@example.com
If you choose to share personal information with us, you may update or amend this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email the name of the Site to which you provided the information you wish to amend.
7. Children under 13
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete such information The Site is designed to be of service and interest to users ages 13 and older. If you are a minor over the age of 13, you may only use this Site with the permission and under the supervision of your parent or guardian. If you are a minor under the age of 13, you are not allowed to provide any personal information to the Company, on the Site or through any other service provided by the Company. Please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
8. Confidentiality and security
We limit access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
9. Visitors from outside the United Kingdom
The Site’s offices are located in the United Kingdom. If you visit the site from another country, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed in and transferred to the U.K. and will be subject to the laws of England (or the laws of Scotland if you are domiciled there). U.K. privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United Kingdom.
11. Contacting Us